As Chicago’s first Green Beauty Boutique and Apothecary Spa, we pride ourselves in providing a clean, safe, and wellness-centered environment for our clients and staff. With the ever-growing demand for Green Beauty, we are actively seeking a well-seasoned Esthetician with an emphasis on holistic practices with full-time availability to join our team. Open position requires two evenings per week and Saturdays.
As a Holistic Esthetician, you will be treating clients by selecting an appropriate skin care program for each individuals skin type and lifestyle. This practice will emphasize the maintenance of healthy skin as a reflection of inner health, and promote the use of natural products and holistic approaches over invasive surgical techniques or abrasive dermatological treatments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Conducting customized facial treatments, make-up application, waxing/sugaring services, eyebrow/ eyelash tinting, product knowledge and consulting with clients on our holistic approach to skincare
- Greet and perform general intake and wellbeing inquiries in order to provide appropriate services
- Maintain esthetics treatment inventory and supplies
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings, product training, and team efforts to build a successful book
- Promote and execute effective retail sales and membership sales
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of treatment areas and boutique
- Fill in for other estheticians as needed. Maintain a positive, guest service oriented attitude and a sense of humor. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager. Ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on the guest.
- Answering phones and scheduling for other providers when necessary
- Minimum three years administrating facial and waxing services in a spa setting preferred. Must be professional, customer service oriented, detailed, compassionate, striving to exceed the expectations of every guest every time.
- Valid Illinois State Cosmetology/Esthetics License.
- Some computer knowledge helpful; not required.
- Basic knowledge of Spa Software preferred (training will be provided)
The Esthetician administers professional facials, waxing services and select body treatments to our clients. They must possess a thorough knowledge of the skin, have excellent facial massage and skin extraction techniques, possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and be willing to train in our spa’s specific facial treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of our clients. They must hold and maintain a current state license.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional facial and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training clients in these areas.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment. Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa. Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Must hold and maintain a current IL State license.
Experience: Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills. Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality. Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge. Must be a team player. Minimum of 2 years experience in an upscale spa environment.